Effective Date: 25 May, 2017
1. YOUR PRIVACY – OUR COMMITMENT
As used in these Terms, the following terms shall have the meaning set forth below:
- “Assignment” shall mean documents that the Registered User wishes to get translated using the services of the Service Providers.
- “Brief” shall mean the details that the Registered User enters through the Website and/or Application regarding the Assignment which includes details such as the languages of the document, language in which the documents has to be translated, the number of words, number of pages, time lines, etc. which is provided by a Registered User to the Service Providers so that they can Bid for the Assignment.
- “Confidential Information” shall mean all information and materials furnished by a party which: (a) if in written format is marked as confidential, or (b) if disclosed verbally is noted as confidential at time of disclosure, or (c) in the absence of either (a) or (b) is information which a reasonable party would deem to be non-public information and confidential. Confidential Information shall include, but not be limited to content on the Website, Application, Brief, Bids, Registered User Information such as details about the Assignment, the contents of the document to be translated; Service Provider Information; all types of data, information, ideas, specifications, procedures, software, technical processes and formulas, source code, product designs, financial information, business plans, projections, marketing data and other similar information provided by a party, documentation, the existence and contents of this Agreement, whether such is transmitted in writing, orally, visually, (e.g. video terminal display) or on magnetic media, and shall include all proprietary information, customer and prospect lists, trade secrets, or proposed trade names, know-how, concepts, drawings, flow charts, diagrams and other intellectual property relating to the subject matter of this Agreement.
- “Registered User” means any person who signs up and registers as a user by creating an Account on through the Website and/or Application and who posts Briefs for Assignments and invites Bids from Service Providers.
- “Registered User Information” means information regarding Registered Users which includes information pertaining to name, legal status and address of the Registered User, Brief of the Assignment, document sough to be translated;
- “Services” means translation services provided by the Service Provider who is a qualified translator to the Registered Users.
- “Service Provider” means a duly qualified and experienced translator in a specific language as identified by the Service Provider at the time of registering.
- “Service Provider Information” means information pertaining to his/her name, qualification in a specific language, work experience, specialization, translation fees, education, professional memberships, translated document etc.
- All other capitalized terms shall have the meaning ascribed to them in the Other Terms.
3. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Information Provided to Us:
- Information Collected Automatically: When you use the Website and/or Application, we automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser or mobile, including but not limited to your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number, location, URL that you just came from (whether this URL is on our Website or not), which URL you next go to (whether this URL is on our Website or not), your computer browser information, IP address and cookie information. We treat this data as Non-Personal Information, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law.
4. USE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
- Use of Personal Information:
We will use and store Personal Information to deliver Services to you, including registering you for our Services, verifying your identity and authority to use our Services, and to otherwise enable you to use our Website, Application and our Services; to maintain, and improve our Services, including, for example, to facilitate payments, provide Services you request (and send related information), develop new features, provide customer support to Registered Users, develop safety features, authenticate users, and send updates and administrative messages, to market the Service and for the internal operational and administrative purposes of the Service, to process billing and payment, including sharing with third party payment gateways in connection with Website, Application and Services. If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities or postings on the Website or Application we may collect such information into a file specific to you. You agree that we may use Personal Information about you to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to analyze Website and Application usage, improve the Website and Application content and Service offerings, and customize the Website and Application content, layout, and Services. These uses improve the Website and Application and better tailor it to meet your needs, so as to provide you with a smooth, efficient, safe and customized experience while using the Website and/or Application.
- Non-personally identifiable information: We may freely use Non Personally Identifiable Information in connection with the Services offered through the Website and Application, including: to administer the Services being offered thereunder, to understand how well our Service is working, to market the Services and other products and services, to develop aggregate, statistical information on usage of the Service and to generally improve the Service.
- Email Communication/Text Messages: If you create an account and provide your email address and phone number, we will send you administrative and promotional emails and text messages. If you wish to opt out of promotional emails or text messages, you may do so by following the “unsubscribe” instructions in the email, “optout” instructions in the text message or by editing your account settings. All Registered Users receive administrative emails and/or text messages. If you wish to opt out of administrative emails, text messages you must delete your account entirely and cease use of the Service.
5. OUR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may also use your Personal Information to deliver information to you that, in some cases, are targeted to your interests, such as new services, rewards and promotions. The following are some circumstances under which and people to whom we would share your Information with from time-to-time:
- Disclosure of Personal Information:
- if you use the Service through the Website and/or Application, we may disclose your Information to the associated Service Providers who have listed their Services on the Website and Application to respond to the proposals submitted by you pertaining to Assignments by posting Bids on the Website and /or Application. For instance, we may share details of your Firm name, address, details of the Projects, specifications, time lines, the document sought to be translated which is visible only to the Service Providers once they sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement and receive the encrypted password to unlock the document ( the document is not visible to the Firm), deliverables etc, and certain contact information (depending upon your location and applicable laws) to facilitate the Services, including promoting and marketing the Services of the Service Provider;
- to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with us under confidentiality agreements. These entities may use your Personal Information for performing services, administering promotions, analyzing data and usage of the Service through the Website and Application, processing credit card payments, operating the Service or providing support and maintenance services for the same, or providing customer service.
- when we have your consent to otherwise share the information.
- if you use the Service through the Website and/or Application, we may disclose your Information to Registered Users in connection with the Bids submitted by you in relation to the Assignment posted by them on the Website and/or Application. For instance we may share details of your name, qualification, experience, specialization, consultation fees, education, professional memberships, and certain contact information (depending upon your location and applicable laws) and the translated document which the Registered User will be able to download only after approving the Services offered by you.
- to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with us under confidentiality agreements. These entities may use your Personal Information for performing marketing services, administering promotions, analyzing data and usage of the Service through the Website and Application, processing credit card payments, operating the Service or providing support and maintenance services for the same, or providing customer service.
- when we have your consent to otherwise share the information.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information: We may disclose other Non-Personally Identifiable Information to third party advertisers and advertising agencies, partners, and other parties in order for us and such third parties to analyze (a) the performance of, to operate and improve the Services offered through the Website and Application, (b) the behavior of Registered Users and to target offers to Registered Users depending upon their requirements and (c) the behavior and ratings of Service Providers. We may also disclose, use or publish this information for promoting the Services offered under the Website and/or Application. These third parties are subject to confidentiality agreements with us and other legal restrictions that prohibit their use of the information we provide them for any other purpose except to facilitate the specific outsourced operation, unless you have explicitly agreed or given your prior permission to them for additional uses.
- Aggregate Information: Because the aggregate information we collect does not specifically identify you, it may be shared with any number of parties. For example, we may disclose anonymous, aggregated information to third parties such as potential business partners, end users, service providers, advertisers, and funding sources, in order to describe our business and operations.
6. ACCESS OR CHANGE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may review, correct, update or change your Account information at any time. To protect your privacy and security, we will verify your identity before granting access or making changes to your Personal Information. Your user ID and password are required in order to access your Account.
7. OTHER WEBSITES
8. ACCOUNT DELETION
Should you ever decide to delete your Account, you may do so by clicking on the “delete account” link on your account settings page. If you terminate your Account, your profile, including your check-in history and any promotional offers you received, will be removed from the Website and/or Application and deleted from our servers. Because of the way we maintain our Website and/or Application, such deletion may not be immediate, and residual copies of your profile information or posts may remain on backup media for up to ninety (90) days.
Even after you remove information from your Account or profile, copies of that information may remain viewable elsewhere, to the extent it has been shared with others, it was otherwise distributed pursuant to your privacy settings, or it was copied or stored by other users. Removed and deleted information may remain on backup media for up to ninety (90) days prior to being deleted from our servers.
10. CONTACTING US
11. ACCOUNT INFORMATION
You may correct your account information at any time by logging into your Account. If you wish to cancel your Account, please email us at email@example.com. Please note that in some cases we may retain certain information about you as required by law, or for legitimate business purposes to the extent permitted by law. For instance, if you have a standing credit or debt on your account, or if we believe you have committed fraud or violated our Terms, we may seek to resolve the issue before deleting your information.
12. SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take reasonable security measures and procedures, and as specified by applicable law, to maintain appropriate physical, technical and administrative security to help prevent loss, misuse, or unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of Personal Information. While we take these reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information, you acknowledge and agree that no system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for the unauthorized use of your information or for any lost, stolen, compromised passwords, or for any activity on your Account via unauthorized password activity.
14. GRIEVANCE OFFICER
In accordance with Information Technology Act 2008 and rules made there under, in case of grievances you can contact: